Monday, June 17, 2013

IEPs--Dr. Seuss style



Do you like these IEP’s
I do not like these IEP’s.
I do not like them, jeez Louise
We test, we check
We plan, we meet,
But nothing ever seems complete.
Would you, could you like these forms?
I do not like the form I see
Not page 1, not 2, not 3.
Another change,
A brand new box.
I think we all have lost our rocks!
Could you all meet here or there?
We could not all meet here or there,
We cannot all fit anywhere.
Not in a room
Not in a hall
There seems to be no space at all
Would you, could you meet again?
I cannot meet again next week.
No lunch, no prep
Please hear me speak.
No, not at dusk. No, not at dawn.
At 4PM I should be gone.
Could you hear while all speak out?
Would you write the words they spout?
I could not hear, I would not write.
This does not need to be a fight.
Sign here, date there,.
Mark this, check that,
Beware the students ad-vo-cat (e).
You do not like them so you say.
Try again! Try again!
And you may.
If you let me be,
I will try again.
You will see.

Say!
I almost like these IEP’s.
I think I will write 6003.
And I will practice day and night
Until they say
“You got it right!”

1 comment: